Squash is a fast paced, dynamic racquet sport that requires hand/eye coordination, speed, agility, stamina and strategy. Squash was voted "world's healthiest sport" in recent years by Forbes magazine! The game is played on an indoor AIR CONDITIONED court and is a ton of fun! Squash is quite new in Chattanooga, so these camps are designed to teach the basic skills, such as grip, swing technique, footwork and strategy. The goal is to have players competing in a camp tournament at the end of each week!
Our Squash camps are open to players of all abilities!
About the Director: Dan Sharplin
Dan Sharplin is currently in his first season as Director of Squash at McCallie. He is also the Manager/Professional at Scenic City Squash. Dan recently guided the McCallie Varsity team to the finals of the National High School Championships. Prior to this he was the Head Coach at Noble & Greenough School in Boston MA and was also the Director of Squashfit Academy (200+ players).
- Former New England Junior Squad Head Coach (employed by US Squash)
- Former National Coach of Luxembourg
- Former World ranked #75 on PSA World Tour
- #1 rated player in 3 countries (New Zealand, Luxembourg, USA)
- New Zealand Men's team to World Champs (1997-2006)
- New Zealand Men's National Champion (2002)
- 5th place at World Doubles Champs (1997)
- 2x Most improved player in NZ award