- Both soccer cleats and athletic shoes because time will be spent both indoors and outdoors each day. An extra T-shirt is also helpful, especially if it is rainy.
- All meals are provided, but players may want to bring snacks and/or change for drinks.
- Please, ensure that your camper brings his own water bottle or water cooler to camp each day. As a health precaution, it is imperative that each camper has one. Campers will be able to refill their water bottles or water coolers at the fields, but we will not provide cups for drinking out on the field.
- Please, provide your child with a distinctive towel (pure white is easily confused) and a swimsuit for swim time. McCallie Life Guards will conduct a swim test on the first day of camp. Please advise us if you’d prefer your player to not take part in swim time.
- Players must wear shin guards whenever any soccer activity is being engaged.
- Each player should have his or her own carry bag in order to keep track of all equipment and to be able to carry all belongings wherever he or she goes.
- Players will verify their desired T-shirt size at registration and be given a camp T-shirt on the last day of the session.
NOTE: Protective suntan lotion, and a baseball or painter’s cap are suggested for children who are sensitive to the sun.
This is a teaching camp. There are things we want all of our players at McCallie to know, things that we routinely see aren’t taught to young players, and our camp focuses on those. They include…
- Proper laces ball striking to shoot with power
- Turns that allow you to move possession forward while keeping the ball safe
- The power of receiving across your body to create flow and the proper way to do it
- 1v1 attacking moves and how to set them up
- 1v1 defending
- 2v2 attacking combination play