McCallie Baseball Camp emphasizes fun and learning. Instruction is given in the fundamentals of hitting, base running, pitching, defensive position play, game strategy and ways to stay in shape in the off-season
Please hover and click to print the following documents:
CAMPERS ARE REQUIRED TO RECORD THEIR TEMPERATURES ON THE FORM THAT WILL BE POSTED ON THE COVID-19 TAB AND BOTH PARENTS MUST SIGN THE HOLD McCALLIE HARMLESS WAIVER. THE COMPLETED FORM IS REQUIRED THE FIRST DAY OF CAMP. It is recommended that all campers self-quarantine with limited travel and contact with non-family members for 7 days prior to their session. Please see our Protocol Grid posted under our COVID-19 tab for more details about camp procedures.
($25 Early Bird Discount until March 1, 2021)
- 2021 Dates: Session 1: June 7 – 11, Session 2: June 14 - 18, Session 3: June 21 - 25
- Grades: Rising 2nd – 9th grader boys
- Time: 9:00 AM – 12:00 NOON
- Fee: $200 (no lunch)
- Drop-off Location: Varsity Baseball Field
- Pick-up Location: Baseball Field (12 PM) OR McCallie Lake (12:30 PM) Late fees apply after 12:45 PM – $25 per day.
Optional After-Camp Activities
- Free Swim from 12 PM-12:30 PM
- For a full-day add lunch and Day Camp (12-5:00 PM) for rising 2nd to 6th graders ($185 ) OR add lunch and Tennis Camp (12-4:00 PM) for all grades ($215)
Campers receive individual instruction as well as being able to practice their skills in games. Counselors are selected from current and former McCallie baseball players.
Director: McCallie’s Baseball Coach: Tom Adams.
Remember to bring or wear the following:
- A glove & baseball cleats (no metal spikes please).
- A bat, if you have your own that you like. We will have some too. We will mark them clearly with your name on Monday.
- A pair of tennis shoes for indoor camp during inclement weather.
- A light jacket in case of rain.
- Catchers, if you have access to your own catching gear, please bring it. We will have a limited number of sets too.
- A small amount of cash ($2.00) each day for snacks. We will have a concession stand that will open once in the morning.
- Swimming trunks and a towel if you plan to swim in the McCallie Lake after camp. 2020 CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
Tom Adams – McCallie Assistant Head Baseball Coach
BA in English from Florida State University and MA in Education from UT Knoxville. I have baseball players/counselors working for me who were once campers attending baseball camp that I ran. I am in my 19th year teaching/coaching at McCallie and my 25th year teaching/coaching overall. This is my 17th year working with McCallie’s varsity baseball team. In that time, I have been a part of over 300 wins, a state championship, and two state runner-up finishes. I have been married for nearly 24 years to Lee Ann, a local attorney. We have two sons, Hunter, who is completing his freshman year at Samford University, and James, a rising senior at McCallie.