McCallie Baseball Camp emphasizes fun and learning. Instruction is given in the fundamentals of hitting, base running, pitching, defensive position play, game strategy and ways to stay in shape in the off-season
Session 1: June 5 – 9
Session 2: June 12 - 16
Session 3: June 19 - 23
- Grades: Rising 2nd – 9th; boys
- Time: 9:00 AM – 12:00 NOON
- Fee: $250 (Early Bird Discount $225 before March 1st)
- Drop-off Location: Varsity Baseball Field between 8 AM-9 AM
- Pick-up Location: Baseball Field (12 PM) OR McCallie Lake (12:30 PM) Late fees apply after 12:45 PM – $25 per day.
Optional After-Camp Activities
- Free Swim from 12 PM-12:30 PM
- Half-day AM camps can become a full-day at McCallie by adding an afternoon session of another camp. Possible afternoon options include McCallie Day Camp (Rising 2nd-6th) or Tennis (Rising 1st-9th). Options, cost, ages and dates are listed on each camps registration. These add-ons also include Lunch, Free Swim in the "McCallie Lake", Gameroom and 5:00pm pickup. No campers on campus after 5:00pm.
Campers receive individual instruction as well as being able to practice their skills in games. Counselors are selected from current and former McCallie baseball players.
Director: McCallie’s Baseball Coach: Tom Adams.
Remember to bring or wear the following:
- A glove & baseball cleats (no metal spikes please).
- A bat, if you have your own that you like. We will have some too. We will mark them clearly with your name on Monday.
- A pair of tennis shoes for indoor camp during inclement weather.
- A light jacket in case of rain.
- Catchers, if you have access to your own catching gear, please bring it. We will have a limited number of sets too.
- A small amount of cash ($2.00) each day for snacks. We will have a concession stand that will open once in the morning.
- Swimming trunks and a towel if you plan to swim in the McCallie Lake after camp.
Tom Adams – McCallie Assistant Head Baseball Coach
BA in English from Florida State University and MA in Education from UT Knoxville. I have baseball players/counselors working for me who were once campers attending our baseball camp. I am in my 21st year teaching/coaching at McCallie and my 27th year teaching/coaching overall. This is my 19th year working with McCallie’s varsity baseball team. In that time, I have been a part of over 350 wins, two state championships, and two state runner-up finishes. I have been married for 25 years to Lee Ann, a local attorney. We have two sons, Hunter, who is completing his senior year at Samford University, and James, a sophomore at Florida State University.