CLC Program Activities
In the Character Leadership Community Program, we ask questions—many questions. We believe that a community of talented people thinking together about important questions and sharing interesting experiences can produce great results.
Three big questions guide what we will do in our two weeks together:
- How can we best live with other people, especially those who differ from us?
- How can we best use our resources to serve others and care for the earth?
- How can we best develop and use our talents to influence others for good?
If you like to ask questions such as these and are willing to open yourself to innovative ways of seeing and thinking, we think you will find the CLC program to be an extraordinary experience.
Live and Learn
The McCallie Character Leadership Community Program integrates on-campus learning experiences with off-campus expeditions into the greater Chattanooga area to investigate some of the major concerns of our time:
Features of the CLC Program:
- Classes that connect with real-world situations and off-campus experiences
- A residential community of talented, motivated rising 8th and 9th grade boys
- A small-group, experience-based, problem-solving approach to learning
- Learning from leaders in fields that shape our environment and our communities and that are essential to our future
Who and what make up the Character Leadership Community Program?
- Outstanding McCallie teachers
- McCallie upper school student mentors
- Inspiring guests
- A select group of the most talented young men in America