Lacrosse Boarding Camp
McCallie Lacrosse Camp covers all aspects of team play, with emphasis on fundamental development and the mechanics of individual offense and defense.
2023 June 4 - 9 (Sun. - Fri.) Director: Eamon Thornton: McCallie Head Varsity Lacrosse Coach
Grades: Rising 6th – 10th; Boys
Skill level: Intermediate/Advanced
- Lacrosse Boarding Camp:
- Boarding Camper Arrival (6/4 between 1-3 p.m.): Check-in at the rotunda -- Check in with Nurse, Camp store form, Pennie, and Tee shirt -- and get directions to dorm: Founders or Belk. Counselors will assist with move-in to keep traffic moving -- say goodbye at the car. Counselors will direct campers to dress for swim test before dinner.
Final Game: Friday, on Ridgedale Field
1:15-2:00 PM - Division II Game (Ages 11-13)
2:00-2:15 PM - Drawing for Prizes
2:30-3:15 PM - Division I Game (Ages 13 - 15)
Parents may check out upon arrival, during the games, or after games -- whichever is the most convenient for them. Boarding Campers will also need to have a final walk-through of their rooms before they leave for home to make sure they haven't left any clothing or equipment.
- Camper Departure (6/9 after camper's game): Check-out at Ridgedale Field Tent -- Check for Camp Store, Lost and Found, Certificates. Boarders will return to the dorm and double-check room with Counselor before leaving.
Fee: $650 ($250 deposit included - deposit required at time of registration)
Early Bird Discount $50 until Feb. 28th ($600)
($50 Discount for McCallie School Alumni: call for code 423-493-5886)
After March 1st fees must be paid in full.
Your card will auto-charge on March 1st, 2023 for your balance or you can make ongoing payments in your online account at any time before March 1st, 2023.
Cancellations: Before May 1st full refund minus $100 processing fee . After May 1st no refunds except for documented medical reasons ($100 processing fee.)
- The camp offers individual skill sessions, a team skill session, and a team game each day. The 7-to-1 camper/staff ratio allows for personalized attention to each camper.
- Camps are designed for intermediate and experienced lacrosse players. The experience level of each player is most useful in determining the appropriate week of camp.
- Field sessions will include individual skills, position work, small group, and team concepts.
- All participants will receive a reversible tank top, a lacrosse ball, and secondary insurance coverage at no extra cost.
- Boarders must have all equipment.