Lacrosse Boarding Camp
McCallie Lacrosse Camp covers all aspects of team play, with emphasis on fundamental development and the mechanics of individual offense and defense.
2022 June 5 - 10 (Sun. - Fri.) Director: Eamon Thornton: McCallie Head Varsity Lacrosse Coach Grades: Rising 6th – 10th; Boys
Skill level: Intermediate/Advanced
- Lacrosse Boarding Camp:
- Boarding Camper Arrival (6/5 between 1-3 p.m.): Check-in at the rotunda -- Check in with Nurse, Camp store form, Pennie, and Tee shirt -- and get directions to dorm: Founders or Belk. Counselors will assist with move-in to keep traffic moving -- say goodbye at the car. Counselors will direct campers to dress for swim test before dinner.
Final Game: Friday, on Ridgedale Field
1:15-2:00 PM - Division II Game (Ages 11-13)
2:00-2:15 PM - Drawing for Prizes
2:30-3:15 PM - Division I Game (Ages 13 - 15)
Parents may check out upon arrival, during the games, or after games -- whichever is the most convenient for them. Boarding Campers will also need to have a final walk-through of their rooms before they leave for home to make sure they haven't left any clothing or equipment.
- Camper Departure (6/10 after camper's game): Check-out at Ridgedale Field Tent -- Check for Camp Store, Lost and Found, Certificates. Boarders will return to the dorm and double-check room with Counselor before leaving.
Fee: $600 ($250 deposit included)
Early Bird Discount $50 until April 1st
- $50 Discount for McCallie School Alumni, call our office for the code (423)493-5886
Cancellations: Before April 1st full refund minus $50 processing fee. After April 1st full refund minus $250 deposit. No refunds after May 1st except for documented medical reasons.
- The camp offers individual skill sessions, a team skill session, and a team game each day. The 7-to-1 camper/staff ratio allows for personalized attention to each camper.
- Camps are designed for intermediate and experienced lacrosse players. The experience level of each player is most useful in determining the appropriate week of camp.
- Field sessions will include individual skills, position work, small group, and team concepts.
- All participants will receive a reversible tank top, a lacrosse ball, and secondary insurance coverage at no extra cost.
- Boarders must have all equipment.