Lacrosse Boarding Camp
McCallie Lacrosse Camp covers all aspects of team play, with emphasis on fundamental development and the mechanics of individual offense and defense.
2023 June 4 - 9 (Sun. - Fri.)
Lacrosse Competition and Development Boarding and Day Camp:
- Dates: Boarding Sunday June 4 - Friday June 9
- Cost: Boarding $650 (Early Bird Discount before March 1st)
- Boarding Drop off: 1PM-3PM Sunday June 4 at the Rotunda
- Boarding Pickup: 3-5 Friday June 9 at Spears Stadium
- Final Day Pickup will be in Spears Stadium after the final games. Parents are encouraged to come watch.
- Beginner Final: 2:00-2:45
- Intermediate Final: 3:00-3:45
- Prize Drawing: 3:50-4:00
- Advanced Final: 4:15-5:00
- LEVELS: PLEASE INDICATE YOUR CAMPER'S LEVEL DURING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS)
- Beginner Camp: Rising 6th to 8th Grade
- Intermediate Camp (Day and Boarding): Rising 6th to 10th Grade
- Advanced Camp (Day and Boarding): Rising 7th to 10th Grade
- LEVEL CRITERIA (General guidelines, but there could be exceptions):
- Beginner: Has played for at least one season, and is still learning the game. Focus here is on skill acquisition and learning foundational concepts.
- Intermediate: Has played at least two seasons of elementary or middle school, or has played a season of high school lacrosse. Focus is on skill development, refining foundational concepts, and playing faster.
- Advanced: Has significant experience. Is a leading player on his middle school or JV team, has some varsity experience, or will be competing for a varsity spot in the next season.
- Equipment needed: Full equipment for their position, cleats, water bottle, bathing suit and towel, and packing list (only necessary for Boarding Campers)
- Facilities: Air conditioned dorms and dining hall. Turf Field. McCallie Lake, Gameroom and McCallie Sports and Activities Center.
- Camp provides: McCallie Lacrosse Camp Tee-shirt and Pinnie, McCallie Sports Camp Tee-shirt, and a daily ice-cold Gatorade
- This camp is designed to help players take their game to the next level, whatever that may be. For beginning players, it is helping them develop their skills and learn the basic team concepts that will prepare them to be a strong player in their elementary or middle school programs. For intermediate players, it is helping them gain confidence in their abilities and learn to play more instinctually so they can become leaders on their teams. And for the advanced players, it is evaluating their game and helping them learn to maximize their strengths so they can be the most effective players that they can be. Throughout camp, we drill the fundamentals and challenge the guys to take the next step in their development, we play small-sided games to teach strategic
Fee: $650 ($250 deposit included - deposit required at time of registration)
Early Bird Discount $50 until March 1st ($600)
($50 Discount for McCallie School Alumni: call for code 423-493-5886)
After March 1st fees must be paid in full.
Your card will auto-charge on March 1st, 2023 for your balance or you can make ongoing payments in your online account at any time before March 1st, 2023.
Cancellations: Before May 1st full refund minus $100 processing fee . After May 1st no refunds except for documented medical reasons ($100 processing fee.)
- The camp offers individual skill sessions, a team skill session, and a team game each day. The 7-to-1 camper/staff ratio allows for personalized attention to each camper.
- Camps are designed for intermediate and experienced lacrosse players. The experience level of each player is most useful in determining the appropriate week of camp.
- Field sessions will include individual skills, position work, small group, and team concepts.
- All participants will receive a reversible tank top, a lacrosse ball, and secondary insurance coverage at no extra cost.
- Boarders must have all equipment.
Director: Eamon Thornton, McCallie Head Varsity Lacrosse Coach